Pages

Saturday, November 19, 2011

My Sister's birthday


My sister's cake
Last month my sister turned ten. She invited some friends over and had a good time and . . . . . . . . I made her a delicious cake!!!!!  Now this cake is something that I came up with all by myself. It has probably been created before but I created it simply out of my head. My sister doesn't like cake therefore this cake is rather uncakelike. Sorry I couldn't get a picture before it was cut but everyone loved it so much that by the time I got my camera it was almost gone! 
Little Cake things
Here's the Recipe  

12 cups of Rice Crisp Cereal
2 bags of regular Marshmallows OR 8 cups of miniature marshmallows
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
Ice Cream (whatever flavor you want I used Chocolate Fudge Brownie)
Cool Whip
Sprinkles, Little Candies, and things to decorate it with

1. In a really large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. 

2. Add rice krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.

3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into a big pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and cut the pan of rice krispies in half.

4. Spread the frozen ice cream on a half of the Rice Krispies and put the other half on top.

5. Spread Cool Whip on top and decorate. 

6. Freeze until ready to eat.  


  • Tips:
Candles do not stick in this cake very well. Trust Me!

Make sure you keep this frozen if you don't the ice cream melts and gets the rice krispies soggy

You can also make these like ice cream bars or as you see in the picture on the left you can use cookie cutters and cut the rice krispies  into little circle shapes

I wouldn't recommend using gummies to decorate as they freeze in the freezer and become rather like little rocks!

Me and my family loved this cake although if I made It again I would probably do some things differently. I can't wait to make this again with different flavored ice cream.  

No comments: